Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Monday/Tuesday - An Ear Infection

Gracie had a good day yesterday and brought home some butterfly artwork/projects from school.  Gracie LOVES butterflies and was very proud of her work.  I love to listen to her say "butterfly", it is so sweet sounding.

After nap yesterday, Gracie had a dry diaper so Mandy put her on the toilet and she went potty in the big potty chair.  YAY!!!!  We were so proud to hear this and when we talked to Gracie about it, she was very proud too.  Gracie was a happy girl last night, but a little more needy.  Just needed to have attention.  Then it was bedtime and she was restless, but did fall asleep, but couldn't stay asleep.  Once again I suspected ear infection, so I gave her some ibuprofen and let her sleep leaning on me as I sat up.  Laying down makes the pressure on the ear intensified.  She had a fairly good night.  I wish I could say the same. 

This morning, Gracie and I were second in line at Express Care and my ear infection theory was confirmed.  Her right ear looks great, her left ear has a nasty infection.  This is her first ear infection since having ear tubes inserted and removed.  I must say she has a very high pain tolerance as she has been happy despite the infection.  We went to Target and got her prescription filled and then she got to go to her buddy Aubrey's house for the morning.  She was so excited about that and was very happy to see Aubrey.  Mandy will pick her up around lunch and head back to her house for the rest of the day.  Since we got her first dose of antibiotics in, I'm hoping the infection will go away quickly. 

On a fun note, Gracie was being very grumpy with me this morning when I went to change her diaper.  I said, "Hmmmm, I wonder where my sweet Gracie went?"  Pretty soon I felt two kisses on the top of my head.  She was also very excited to tell me there was "rain" all over my coat this morning.  She got mondo excited when a lady came to Express Care and had an umbrella.  Gracie loves umbrellas for some reason and was quick to tell me that it was an "umbrella". 

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: