Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tuesday - Singing and Dancing

Gracie had a good day yesterday.  Her daycare adventure was a trip to the park...and we all know that Gracie loves to go to the park and swing and slide.  When I got to daycare to pick her up she decided to tease Mandy and tell her that I was "daddy".  I could tell by the minute I saw her face that she had a good day.  She was dancing and smiling. 

Gracie was happy the whole drive home and she was happy getting out of the car and going into the house.  If you remember from past posts, that most days this can be cause for a major tantrum.  Her new car seat has helped with this as she can get herself mostly out and she loves to be independent.  Once in the house, she took off her own coat all by herself and then hung it on the stairwell banister.  We've been working on this for a long time.  I just stood and watched her with a big look of astonishment on my face and Gracie just beamed as she did it.  My cheers, clapping, and praise made Gracie smile from ear to ear. 

Gracie was a good girl all night.  She took a bath and that is always a hit.  She did get mad at Jeff because she wanted to lay down in the water and go "night, night".  This just after she peed in the water...so we really didn't want her laying in it.  After bath, she came out and snuggled with me, then proceeded to show me how she could take her bathrobe off herself too.  More smiles.

We're finding that Gracie knows the words to a lot of songs.  She was singing along to her Signing Times video last night and we were astonished.  Music is her thing!  Much to my dismay, she likes to have two music sources on at a time.  That drives me a little crazy, but she seems to thrive in it. 

Gracie had another great night of sleep.  She did not want to wake up and her first request was for her iPod.  Don't chastise me -- but I give it to her.  It does wonders for her mood in waking up...and when she is in a good mood and happy upon wakening, she takes her seizure meds for me beautifully.  She usually listens to some fun music or her favorite is an audio book called "Chubby Bear". 

We only had two bites this morning -- the first was when she asked for a muffin and I told her we didn't have any.  The second was when it was time to get dressed again.  So she got a couple of time outs and the rest of the morning was pretty uneventful.  She has school today, so hopefully she'll bring home something fun in her backpack.  She loves when she has projects in there to show Jeff and I.

It looks like it might be a good day to be outside too!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: