Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monday - Back to School

Gracie was back at school yesterday and I think she was missing it.  A whole week off for spring break is just too long when you are 3!  She carried around her class picture (which I laminated so it could be washed off once in a while) almost all week.  She talked about Brock and Justine.  I would love to meet those two kiddos.  The fact that she picks them out exclusively makes me think she quite likes them.  She always smiles when I ask about either of them. 

Gracie got off the bus at daycare and they headed to Famous Dave's for lunch.  I'm told that Gracie was quite the little piggie and loved, loved, loved their BBQ pork sandwich.  She ate and ate and ate.  This was no surprise to me...she loves BBQ pork chops and country-style pork ribs.  I can always count on her to eat alot when I make either of those. 

Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare yesterday and spent most of the evening with her as I was meeting with out tax accountant, getting our 2010 taxes done.  I know, I know...I wouldn't want to get them done too early!  Anyway, our accountant was running behind, so the wait was longer than expected and I didn't get home til about 7:30 p.m. 

Gracie and I snuggled and played a bit, but she was a tired girl and was in bed by 8:30 p.m.  I think she fell asleep the minute her head hit the pillow.  She slept beautifully all night long.  She barely moved, other than around 11:00 p.m., she sat up and asked about daddy.  She sat up for a few minutes, then layed back down and fell right back to sleep. 

Gracie did not want to wake up this morning.  She finally did and was very good about taking her seizure meds...this week it is applesauce and Nemo fruit snacks to get them down.  She had a huge meltdown when it was time to get dressed.  She bit me when I started to take off her shirt.  Biting in our house gets an immediate two minute time out....so off she went to the timeout spot.  When her two minutes were up, I went in to see if she was ready to say she was sorry.  She informed me she was not.  So I told her I would check back with her in a little while.  When I went back in she was a little more mellow, so I started to put her shirt on ...well, that got me a slap to the face.  Yep...you guessed it!  Another two minute time out.  On this timeout I saw her little feet sticking just out of the doorway.  She knows that if her head comes out it means she gets an extended timeout.  Jeff and I just giggled to ourselves about the toes sticking out of the doorway.    After this timeout, she was ready to tell me she was sorry and she gave me a big hug.  She was quite snuggly and happy after that. 

I'm not sure what adventures her day will bring today.  It's supposed to be nice out, so I suspect some outdoor time today.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: