Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday - Visiting

Gracie had a good night and awoke while I was in the shower. She had big smiles when I came out of the bathroom and was in a very good mood. Daddy headed to work and we started about our morning routine. Most mornings I snuggle with Gracie in bed for a few minutes before she gets up, but today that didn't happen. We got dressed and are in the living room when Gracie indicates she wants something, but I can't figure out what it is. As I do more and more frequently, I gave her my hand and asked her to show me. To my surprise she walked me into her bedroom. I bent down to give her a hug and she pushed me to lay on her bed. I layed down and she layed right next to me snuggling. That was what she wanted...a little snuggle time with mommy. After we got 5 minutes of snuggly time in, we were good to go.

Many mornings I fight with Gracie to get her to sit in her car seat while I strap her in. I think I may have found the fix to this. She wanted my car keys this morning so I gave them to her. She smiled and cooperated the whole while. I made sure to keep one car door open while I went to shut off the garage light. I hopped in the driver's seat and told her I needed the keys to drive. She handed them over willingly and away we went. Do you think it could possibly be that easy every day???

Gracie colored a pretty picture at daycare today and again glowed when I talked to her about it tonight. Jeff picked her up and the two of them went to visit Jeff's good friend, his parents, and his daughter...oh and his two cats. I'm told Gracie was a good girl during the visit and especially enjoyed the cats.

Grace was a very good girl all night long. The only struggle we had was when she didn't want to get out of the bathtub. The water was all drained and she would NOT get out. Any time we even attempted to lift her out, she would put up a huge fit. So we just left her in there for awhile.

Gracie was a very tired girl. She fell asleep before her head hit the pillow tonight.

Gracie has very red chapped cheeks and chin from the colder weather and the fact that she still drools. If anybody has any thoughts on what to do for it, I would love to hear them. I've tried Aveeno lotion and Cetaphil lotion. They help, but I'm thinking I may need something thicker...maybe I need to try Vanicream.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: