Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday - Mommy and Me

Gracie had a restless night and awoke at 4:15 a.m. She had wet her diaper, her pajamas, her flannel sheets, and all the way through to the mattress pad. Once I got everything cleaned up, she was still wide awake and decided she would not be going back to sleep. She was in the best of moods and stayed that way all morning. Jeff had to work today, so it was just us girls.

I had hoped with the early wake up time, Gracie would take a morning nap...she did...but only for 15 minutes. I put her back down at 12:45 p.m. and she slept til 1:30 p.m. and was super grumpy and acted tired, so I finally got her back to sleep about 2:00 p.m. and she slept til 5:00 p.m. We never even got outside to enjoy the beautiful day.

Gracie seems to comprehend more and more every day. She turned off the tv when I asked her to at bath time. I asked her to go get a diaper...and she did...she got three, but then decided it would be more fun to run away. She also has a name for herself...Me or sometimes it is Mea. Tonight she was hugging Jeff and I alternately and when she was giving me my hug she said "Mea and Mommy". It was so sweet.

We also had a huge success today with targeted purposeful release.

I'm looking forward to more fun tomorrow.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: