Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday - A Pretty Project

The time changes are so hard on little kids. Come to think of it, they aren't all that easy on parents either. Gracie had a very restless night and she was up bright and early at 5:00 a.m. Yawn! Of course, to her it was her normal 6:00 a.m wake up time. Gracie was a happy girl this morning.

Gracie had a good day at daycare and made a new project. It is the cutest picture of dolphins with a spinning wheel that makes the dolphins jump in and out of the water. Daycare has started a new activity program with the 2 years. I just love it. I think it introduces Gracie to activities she isn't always comfortable with, but is more willing to do in a group of peers. She is so proud of her artwork and projects when she shows them to Jeff and I. Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare today, so when I came home and they showed me her project, I was very excited and told her how pretty I thought it was. She just beamed -- she was so proud.

It was a nice day and Gracie and daddy played outside for awhile. When I got home they were downstairs in the family room dancing. I did get a big hug though.

Gracie was a wild girl in the tub tonight. Oh my goodness can that girl splash. Tonight Gracie wanted to see some videos on the computer and the computer was taking a long time to turn on and load and she had a major meltdown. I tried a couple of new techniques in trying to calm the situation and let me just say I failed miserably on all attempts. I know that it is worse to remove her from the room....I know that it is worse to raise my voice to try to get her attention when she is in a major tantrum...I did learn that I have major amounts of patience to keep learning and trying to find out the best solutions that will work for her. We'll get it figured out...it's just a learning process all the way around.

Gracie was a very tired girl tonight...again this time change has messed with her body clock. Mine too!

Sweet dreams to all.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: