Saturday, November 14, 2009

Friday & Saturday

Sorry I didn't post a note last night - I've been feeling under the weather and went to bed with Gracie at about 8:00 p.m. Gracie and I both have ear aches and dry coughs. I also have a sore throat and it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Gracie was a little wheezy this morning, but it got better through the day. Gracie had a rough night and had one of her mondo bloody noses at 3:00 a.m. I caught it early, so it didn't get all over like it has in the past. I did get it on my shirt and Gracie had it on her sleeves too. Rather than waking her too much, I left her in those jammies til morning. So when she awoke that was the first thing she noticed. She has been working on the word "dirty", but she now has that one down pat. She would point at her sleeve and mine and say "dirty". We finally awoke for the day after 8:00 a.m., but it wasn't a restful sleep for either of us.

Gracie was in a great mood all morning. Unfortunately due to whatever ails us, we didn't get to attend Catholic Charities Adoption Day Celebration. We've missed due to sickness three years in a row. Jeff did perform magic at it though.

Gracie amazes me with her ability to follow simple instructions, she understands so much more than what she can say. Although the verbal skills are coming along nicely. Today she told me "out" when she wanted to get out of the tub. She told me "off" when she wanted the cover off of her drum. She also has a nasty habit of changing the channel on the TV and then getting mad when he program isn't there. She usually starts to get very upset and whine. I had taught her that instead to come and get mommy's hand and take me to what she needs. She got that down, so I've been working on the sign for help...well she did one better, she says "help" and signs it.

Gracie took a restless afternoon nap and was a little more moody this afternoon. I think her ears were bothering her quite a bit, as were mine, so I gave us both some Tylenol and that helped quite a bit.

It was a fairly low key day of reading, singing, dancing, and taking walks around the house. Gracie loves it when both Jeff and I are here. She takes a hand from each of us and leads us around the house. Today we told her that this was a family walk. Well she now can say "walk".

She is asleep now and I'm hoping for a restful night for both of us.

Stay healthy.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: