Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

From the minute Gracie woke up, I knew it was going to be a great day. She was happy and smiley and just in a great mood. We got her dressed up in her Vikings Favre jersey and some black yoga pants and she was ready for visiting. We headed to my parents' home to spend the day with them. Gracie enjoyed the undivided attention of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. She was agreeable, talkative, and smiley.
She enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner immensely. I think the favorite was Aunt Sheila's stuffing. She enjoyed potatoes and gravy, turkey, and a bun. She wasn't too sure of Aunt Arlene's cranberry apple salad, oh the face she made was hilarious. Yet, she did open for bite two. Gracie and I also shared a piece of Aunt Arlene's lemon pie. The smile on her face when I handed her one of Aunt Cheryl's buns (no jokes please) was priceless too.
Gracie and daddy retired to the den for a 45 minute nap and that refreshed Gracie enough to keep going strong for the rest of the day. She enjoyed Grandma B's homemade turkey dumpling soup for supper and enjoyed sticking her fingers in the frosting of Grandpa B's birthday cake.
Gracie fell asleep in the car about half way home, awoke when we got home, but quickly fell back to sleep again. I think all the activity wore her out.
I am so thankful for Gracie's health this year...such a contrast to last year. I couldn't help but just sit back, smile, and thank God for this precious gift.
Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: