Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday - A Sleepy Head

Gracie slept like a rock last night. She barely moved and when it was time to wake up, she didn't budge. I tried to sing her awake, I tried to gently nudge her awake, I turned the light on, and still those little eyes didn't even flutter. Finally I sang a peppy rendition of "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and those little eyes fluttered open and there was a big smile on her cheeks. She loves that song. That is the song I sing her to sleep with too...the only one she will ever allow me to replace it with is "Frosty the Snowman".

Gracie's verbal skills are improving every day. I'm hearing jabbering sounds that I haven't heard before and she repeats so many words. Tonight she signed and said "ban" for a banana. Tonight all three of us were laying on Gracie's bed, just talking and resting and Gracie was looking into my belly button. I asked her what she saw in there, she just smiled. I said is it "dirt" and she got a big smile and plain as day said "dirt", which caused her daddy to laugh out loud, which just egged her on.

She is such a tease at times. At night before bed, I put vaseline on her cheeks and chin as they get so chapped from her drool and the cooler weather. She doesn't really like when I do this. Tonight I sat down beside her and wasn't paying attention to her. She went to get away from me, but I didn't notice right away, so she peeks around to see if I was watching, then when she caught my eye, she smiled and made to get away again.

Gracie fed herself applesauce with a spoon tonight. She did quite well. It's not quite fast enough for her liking though, so after a few spoonfuls, she resorted to tipping the bowl up to her lips.

Gracie was a tired girl tonight and is now fast asleep.

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: