Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday - Pink Eye

Gracie had a terribly restless night and awoke for the third day in a row with her eyes glued shut with eye gunk. I initially thought she had a cold in her eye, but after the third day, there had to be more going on. So I called her pediatrician's office to make an appointment. I was not happy about having to take her in where there may be flu germs hanging around from other patients. I was pleasantly surprised when they told me that rather than coming in, they would have a nurse triage us. It was great! We went through the symptoms and sure enough they were convinced it was pink eye. They called prescription drops in at the pharmacy and she must be on them 24 hours before she can go back to daycare and not be contagious. So I stayed home with her today and Gracie and daddy will hang out tomorrow.

Do you know how hard it is to singly hold down a 37 lb child to put drops in her eyes? Well I have it perfected now, as we have to give drops every three hours.

Other than having pink eye with very itchy eyes and a cold, Gracie was in a great mood. She took a 2 hour and 15 minute nap at 11:00 a.m. this morning and we spent a good part of the afternoon outside taking walks and riding our tricycle. It was a beautiful day and as long as we couldn't go anywhere or be around other people, we took advantage of the fresh air.

Having slept so long this morning into the afternoon, I chose not to have Gracie take a late afternoon nap. I think I may have made a bad call on that one. She was way too tired this evening and everything seemed a little worse than it was. She didn't even enjoy her beloved bath. She had a hard time falling asleep tonight too as she was just plain overtired.

She's resting nicely now.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: