Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday - A Sparkle In Her Eye

Gracie had a good night and awoke in a great mood. She was smiley and found it extremely funny when I plopped a waffle on her finger through the hole she had dug in the middle. Gracie has a great sense of humor and I think she gets funnier every day. She just cracks me up.

Today it was time to leave for daycare. Gracie is in her coat, ready to go. The only thing I need from her is to head toward the gate that goes down the stairs. I tell her it is time to go, so come on. She is kneeling on the floor, and just looks up at me with this sparkle in her eye, that said "come and get me". I did, of course, and was treated to some great giggles.

Jeff picked Gracie up at daycare and they played outside when they got home. By the time I got off work and picked up a few things at the grocery store, Gracie had already eaten and was ready to play. She was thrilled that she got a sticker for not putting up a fuss when she got her face and hands washed after supper.

Gracie has a great obsession with my belly button. She likes to suck her thumb and stick her other finger in it. This is quite embarrassing, as I can't tell you how many times in public she has attempted to lift my shirt up. I'm sure this has to do with her sensory issues, but this is one habit we need to break.

Gracie loves the song "Bonnie the Beautiful Butterfly". This is a song on her Gymbo videotape. She has a sign for when she wants that particular song sung. She loves to have it sung to her in the bathtub, while we do hand motions. Before we even finish the song, she is signing that she wants us to sing it again.

It took Grace about two seconds to fall asleep tonight. I'm not sure it will take me quite that long.

If you have any extra prayers to spare, sending a few Gracie's way would be very much appreciated. Gracie is getting the flu vaccination on Friday. We are pretty sure Gracie's I.S. started as a result of her 15 month pertussis vaccine. Any new vaccinations right now scare me. Don't get me wrong, I am very "pro" vaccination. I'm just convinced they have to be at the right time with good seizure control.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: