Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday - A Rough Day

Gracie had a good night's sleep and awoke about 7:15 a.m. We all got ready to go to church, but it was soon evident that our little one was not having a good day. She was quite moody, nothing seemed to be right, she was extremely clingy, and it seemed she almost went out of her way to be naughty. So we sent Jeff to church solo and I stayed home with Grace. She did take a 45 minut nap and that helped for a short time.

Gracie's appetite seemed to be fine, no fever, but I do think her ear is still giving her problems. I notice she bites more when her ear is bothering her - both me and herself. Mommy kind of got beat up today -- biting, pulled hair, and the biggie is when she head butted me because she didn't want to get her clothes changed. The back of her head sent my tooth through my bottom lip. It is now big, swollen, and purple (my lip, not her head). I borrowed her "boo boo bunny" from the freezer for that one.

After we gave her some ibuprofen things started to improve a bit. She took a two hour nap this afternoon. The first hour by herself, then when I went to check on her she awoke so I snuggled with her and she slept another hour. She was in a much better mood this afternoon, but still a bit moody and clingy at times.

We did have some successes today. Gracie, Jeff, and I went for a walk in the neighborhood and when we got to her favorite apple tree, she signed "tree". She also signed baby when looking at pictures of babies.

Just before supper we put Gracie in her wheelchair and went for a nice walk. She was very happy for this and enjoyed it immensely.

We did a little more rocking today too, that is always a sign that Gracie isn't quite up to par. Tonight as I was putting my cherub to bed, I layed down beside her, she was just about asleep when she popped her head up, looked at me, and gave me a heart melting smile. I think it was her way of saying "I love you". It's amazing how one sweet smile can make everything okay.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: