Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday

Gracie had a good night and awoke all smiles this morning. We snuggled a bit before she got out of bed. I have a friend (you know who you are) that thinks the only reason I go back in bed to snuggle with Gracie is so I can get a few more winks of sleep.

Gracie read a book on the way to daycare about papa bear sleeping in baby bears bed and baby bear wanting to wake him up. The last page baby bear can be slid over to kiss papa bear and then papa bears eyes open. When I went to take Gracie out of her car seat, I found that baby bear had been pulled from the pages. Guess we'll be getting the tape out to repair that book.

I picked Gracie up around 4:30 p.m. and she was in a very good mood. We played outside for a short time and then came in the house to make supper. Supper time is becoming a very difficult meal as Gracie has big meltdowns. I know being tired just plays into this and she has a very hard time calming down. In talking with two other parents of children with Sotos Syndrome, they indicate they experience the same thing with their child. They have a hard time self-calming. I'm hoping the sensory integration work will be able to alleviate some of this.

Gracie had a great time in the tub after supper and then we read our bedtime books. Gracie fell asleep in about a half of a second.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: