Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday - A Very Happy Girl

Gracie had a pretty good night. She was a little restless at times, but during those times she just snuggled closer. At 2:30 a.m., I got up to go to the restroom and as I walked out of the bathroom, who did I see, but little Gracie looking for me. She treated Jeff and I to a morning of sleeping in. She didn't wake up til after 7:30 a.m. That felt like heaven!!!! I think we all needed that.

All that sleep made for one hungry girl. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and Gracie ate 3 of them, as well as some pear sauce and milk. We had a pretty lazy morning of baths/showers and just playing and reading books. It was a fun morning and it's days like this where I can just hang out that I really notice the progress Gracie is making. More words, more signs, and she is really getting a connection between things. She has the greatest sense of humor too.

Gracie ate a good lunch and then took a very short nap. Then we headed to the mall to pick up a few things. Gracie was a good girl. When we went to Bath & Body Works, Gracie was instructed she had to keep her hands on the wheelchair and not touch anything (a couple of months ago she pulled down a ton of bottles on a display). She followed directions. Yay. She also charmed the sales clerk. :)

On the way home from the mall she got a lemon cookie. She would just lick the cookie and smile, as if to say "I am such a big girl". It took her the whole way home to finish that cookie. Once we got home she took a longer nap and then we went outside to play. She was thrilled when I let her carry a big maple leaf on our walk. Then when she was done with it, she pulled it apart and threw it on the ground. She was totally enthralled with the pumpkin windsock on our neighbor Diane's porch. She kept marching up and down Diane's driveway to get a closer look. When she would get up close, she would look back at me to see if it was okay that she was there and then she would give me a big smile. Gracie knows what pumpkins are and really likes them. I think it will be fun to go to the pumpkin patch this year. When neighbor Marti got home, Gracie walked across our front yard, by herself, to say "hi" to Marti. She then took her hand and took her for a walk.

After that it was supper time and Gracie was a good eater again. Gracie was really good all night long and we had a fun night just hanging out. One of her favorite things these days is getting ponyback rides from daddy. She just hops on his back and lets him know when she wants one. She wants these rides alot! :)

It was a great day at our house. We hope it was at yours too.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: