Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thursday - Tired, But Happy

Gracie had a pretty good night until 2:00 a.m. when she became extremely restless. Finally I put her in the crook of my arm and she slept peacefully like that until 5:00 a.m. when I had to extricate myself from under her. I managed okay and she slept another 40 minutes. I was in the bathroom, just out of the shower and putting make up on and drying my hair, when I hear a little knock on the door. She loves to knock on the door and when I opened it up, I was treated to the biggest, sweetest, sleepy smile. I took her back to bed for a little bit, so we could snuggle and then she informed me it was time for yogurt or "gogurt" as she says it.

I took Gracie to daycare and she was a pretty sleepy girl on the way there. She was also tired on the way home. She did ask for "crackers" and when I put them in a bowl, she said "bowl" for the first time ever. We came home and ate some supper and played downstairs for most of the evening as it was cooler down there and because Gracie is in love with the baby swing. She HATED it as a baby, but now she likes to push the button for the music, load it up with her stuffed animals, papers, you name it, and then press the swing button. I think she likes the vibration of it too. She is happy as a lark, just standing there listening and arranging her menagerie of stuffed animals on the seat.

We are really enjoying Gracie's sense of humor. She is such a tease. Tonight she was eating a tatertot and it had ketchup on it and she was told she had to stay on the blanket (we were having a floor picnic). She would inch her way off the blanket, look at me, and say "yum" and just smile. Then she would move a little further and still say "yum" in a way that amused me. She was totally playing me.

She was very tired tonight, yet seemed to hold the tantrums at bay for the most part. We read Fancy Nancy books and "Nancy" was Gracie's request. Then it was sleepy time and Gracie fell asleep instantly. Now that I think about it, I'm tired too.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: