Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday - Those Itchy Mosquito Bites

Gracie had a restless night and I think the mosquito bites are to blame. She was rubbing and itching her head where the nastiest of the bites were bothering her. She was one tired girl this morning and did not want to get out of bed. I think she was half asleep eating her yogurt and to top things off, they messed with the programming on The Disney Channel and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was not on during the time we get dressed.

Gracie spent a little too much time with mom this weekend and was not ready to let go of me when I took her to daycare. She didn't fuss or get upset, just wanted to stay snuggled in my neck all day. The promise of a story being read finally lured her away.

Jeff picked Gracie up and they had some time to play before I got home. Gracie was all smiles when I got home and sat in my lap for the longest time. She just snuggled while daddy cooked supper. After supper we headed outside for a walk. Since it was so hot out earlier, this was her first venture out to play for the day. She walked pretty much the whole extended block 20 steps ahead of us. Then she swung for awhile and went down the slide a number of times too.

She continues to amaze us with her words, imitations, and all of the things she understands. We didn't have to have any timeouts for biting tonight. She did have one meltdown when she went to the gate above the stairs and told me "bye". That means she wants to go outside. I told her it was too hot and we would have to wait til after supper. She fell to the floor in a fussy tantrum. I got down on her level, informed her that it was too hot for mommy right now and imitated what would happen if I went out into the heat. (I took two deep breaths and fell over.) She found this hilarious and tantrum was over. If you would have told me three years ago that I would be imitating a heat stroke to appease my child, I would have said you were nuts!! I guess we all know who is nuts now!!!

Gracie is now fast asleep in her pink and purple leopard spot jammies.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: