Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday - Happy Girl

Gracie had a pretty good night and awoke at 5:15 a.m. She insisted she did not want to go back to bed, but she also insisted she needed to be held and snuggled. She was in a good mood and was happy to meet some new kids at daycare today. She had a good day and even made mommy a pretty paper flower during craft time.

Jeff picked Gracie up and they were dancing when I got home. Gracie was in a great mood tonight. She was happy, interactive, ate a good supper. I am so excited as I found some dairy free shredded cheese that actually tastes pretty good, so I made Gracie a favorite...macaroni and cheese. She liked that.
After supper it was bath time, then we went outside for a walk. She had tons of energy, but when 8:00 p.m. hit, it was very obvious from her mood that it was time to go in and go to bed. It took her a while to calm down and go to sleep.

By the way, our consistency with timeouts and staying very calm with her is paying off already. I also tell her that she needs to calm down at times and she looks at me and repeats "calm down". So she is starting to understand.

Gracie had a little stare fest at the table tonight that I suspect was an absence seizure, but I'm not totally sure. I was feeding her yogurt when she just stared ahead. The only difference I saw is that her head went down as if she was falling asleep. That has never happened with an absence seizure before. So we will keep an eye on it and if we see anymore, we'll contact her neurologist.

I was having trouble loading some of her birthday pictures last night, so tonight I'll add a few more from her birthday weekend.




Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: