Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday

Gracie had a great day at daycare yesterday.  I could tell it was great the moment Jeff and I picked her up at daycare.  She was dancing around and had a big smile.  She did get to go to the library yesterday, but not for story time, there was a musician -- Hans Mayer --there that sang alot of kids action songs.  Gracie was very into this and she was doing the actions and interacting with other children there.

Just as we got home, the sky opened up and just poured rain.  Gracie and I just stood in the garage and enjoyed watching it come down.  I'm pretty sure that if I wouldn't have had a firm hand around her, she would have been out in that rain doing her own little rain dance.  She was in a pretty good mood all night.  Jeff was performing Magic at Hope Lodge, so it was just Gracie and I most of the evening.  She had a splash fest in the bathtub until she violated the bathtub rule of no peeing in the water.  That was pretty much the end of splash and tub time. 

After bath we read books and snuggled until daddy came home.  She also looked at the class picture from her preschool class.  I asked her if she missed her friends and she nodded her head "yes". 

She had a pretty good night, but did wake up a few times.  She fell back to sleep fairly quickly each time.  She must have gotten some good rest because she had a lot of energy this morning.  I had to chase her down just to get her dressed!!!

This morning it was so nice and sunny out that I sang a made up song we have about it being a beautiful day for a smile.  We usually sing it as we walk up to daycare.  Today as I got to the word smile, she looked up at me with the biggest smile.  She has the most beautiful smile -- her eyes just sparkle. 

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: