Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lots of Adventures

Gracie has had quite a week, with many adventures:

  • On Monday night, Gracie, Jeff, and I were drawing with chalk on our driveway, Gracie leaned on the box of chalk, it went overr and so did she. Her head hit the cement and she has a huge bump and scrape on her head. I did the mommy gasp and ran for her. In her very Gracie way, she wanted no hugs or attention, she did not cry, she had to walk it off. You can tell something really hurts when she has to take a little walk away from every one. After a little while we could talk about her "Boo Boo".
  • On Tuesday, Gracie went to a different daycare - the mom and sister of our regular provider.  She got to hang out with her good buddy Aubrey.  She decided she didn't want to take her seizure meds until she was bribed with a fudgecycle.  She also refused to drink any liquids for them all afternoon and did not want a snack.  When I arrived she was in tears.  They had mentioned that I would be coming soon to pick her up and well I guess she was missing me.  Once I got her calmed down, she guzzled a big glass of Gatorade and asked for more....all evening long.  We played outside a fair amount that evening. 
  • On Wednesday morning Gracie hung out with daddy in the morning.  They did a few errands and went to visit some friends from daddy's work.  They treat her like a little princess and she loves going.  Then Aunt Sheila picked her up around lunch time and took Gracie to her house for the afternoon to play with cousins Kayla and Jason, puppy Sandy, and even Uncle Chris.  She wasn't as peppy yesterday, she loved holding everyone's hand and taking walks, but wasn't quite as active as usual.  This heat is really getting to her.  Gracie loves hanging out there and was not all that happy to leave.  She got a bit moody on the way home and then like a switch was turned she became a very happy girl.  I think it may have had something to do with the peanut butter sandwich I gave her to eat...I think the blood sugar was a little low. 
  • Today Gracie is at back-up daycare through work.  She was excited to go and when I was taking to long at the car she kept trying to pull me and said "c'mon".  She was excited to see her friends on the staff and there were a lot of kids already there.  I hope it isn't too overwhelming for her.  They are so good to her there, and many times will take her out for a walk to see the babies.  This is the first time they will have to give her seizure meds, so I hope she takes them okay for them.  Since she has been on the namebrand meds, she has not given us any trouble with taking them at all.  We've seen alot of positive behavior changes on the name brand meds. 
Tomorrow Gracie gets to hang out with me and we get to pick up Aunt Norma (from Texas) at the airport.  That will be the start of many fun family festivities and parties.  We're very excited.  This will probably be my last post til after the 4th. 

Wishing you a safe and happy Fourth of July!!!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: