Friday, June 17, 2011

Thursday/Friday - Lots of Time Outside

Gracie's most frequent ask these days is "Outside?"  She loves to be outdoors and yesterday was the perfect summer day to do just that -- be outside.  The kids spent most of the day outdoors yesterday at daycare and even went swimming in the kiddie pool.   When Gracie came home from daycare, she wanted to go on a "walk".  So Jeff, Gracie, and I all went on a walk.  When we were just about done walking around the extended block, we got to this grassy area that Gracie loves to run on and if you happen to chase her, better yet.  She suprised both Jeff and I (matter of fact I'm still chuckling about it) by saying "Race Ya!"  I have no clue where she even came up with the concept of "racing".  Jeff and I have not ever said this to her, I'm wondering if perhaps this has been said by kids at school or daycare. 

We spent most of the evening outdoors and all that fresh air made Gracie a tired, yet happy girl.  She had a very good night's sleep and awoke in a pretty good mood.  She did have a bit of a tantrum when it was time to leave for daycare and I'm not even sure what prompted it.  By the time we got to daycare this morning she was fine, but clingy.  That all changed when her buddies showed up.  She was all excited telling them "hi".  Pretty soon she looked at me and said "bye" and waved with a big smile.  She was ready to play.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: