Thursday, February 3, 2011

Proud Moments

Gracie has had a great week. She is feeling good and we're hoping February will be the start of good health for her.

We've had some proud moments this week:

1. Yesterday when I picked Gracie up from daycare I witnessed her having a conversation with a daycare buddy. Socialization with peers has been very difficult to non-existent for Gracie. Her daycare provider and school have been working on this with Gracie and we are seeing the benefits of their hardwork. We are extremely appreciative to both.

2. Gracie went poopie and potty in the big girl toilet yesterday. There were big cheers for that one. Thank you to all the people we called to share in our excitement. Your "woo hoos" and cheers made for a very excited little girl. I'm hoping the positive reinforcement will help in the training process.

3. Gracie was talking to daddy on Skype this week. She started to get bored with the conversation between Jeff and I and ran off to play. When we were ready to disconnect the call, I asked Gracie if she would like to say goodbye to daddy. She said "no". Then I asked her if she would like to tell daddy that she loved him. She usually signs, I love you. All of a sudden she pipes up with a very verbal "I love you!" I think that one melted daddy's heart. Mommy's heart was kind of melty too.

4. Transitions can be difficult for Gracie. One of the hardest transitions for her is when we arrive home at the end of the day. The transition of going from the car to the house 95% of the time results in a huge meltdown. We see head banging and she would just throw her body to the ground if I allowed it. It usually takes about 5 minutes of snuggling or holding to have this pass. Last night we came into the house (it was uneventful - no tantrums) and she sat on the bottom step waiting for me to take her boots off. She was very calm, then we went upstairs and she expressed rather urgently that she wanted "pasta", which was in our take out bag that we had picked up on the way home.

5. At 4:00 a.m. this morning, Gracie woke up, rolled over and kissed me on the lips, then rolled back over and went back to sleep. This mommy stuff sure is a lot of fun!!!! :)

We hope you are having a good week...stay warm!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie Good Girl

No comments: