Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday - New Shoes Needed

Gracie was in a great mood when I picked her up from daycare yesterday. She was dancing to Cheryl Crow music and loving every minute of it. It was like herding cats to get her out of the door and on our way home. She had to stop and point everything out as if she had never seen it before.

Once home she was in a good mood. Her school backpack was FULL of Valentine's cards and treats. We have not begun to go through them all.

Gracie didn't eat much supper last night, but later decided that she needed some Fruit Loops. She also went potty and poop in the toilet last night. I went to change her diaper and she signed "potty". I asked her if she wanted to sit on the "potty chair" and she said yes. We just keep getting closer and closer to potty training and her understanding the sensations. YAY.

Gracie talked to Aunt Cheryl on Skype last night, but thinks that she has to go pull things out of the fridge when we talk to Aunt Cheryl. I'm not sure if she just thinks its snack time or she wants to keep me hopping.

Gracie was a very tired girl last night. We read her Valentine Dora book three times at her request and then went to bed. She fell right asleep. She did take her hand and rub it down my face gently and said "nice". :)

This morning Gracie didn't want to take all of her meds. I finally got them in her, but not without effort. I discovered she does not like maple syrup. I also discovered she is outgrowing her tennis shoes. She's been in boots or stocking feet so much this winter that I didn't realize her feet had grown as much as they have. We'll be visiting the shoe store this weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: