Friday, February 11, 2011

Thursday/Friday

Gracie enjoyed her morning at back-up daycare yesterday. She even made a friend named Lydia. She was a quiet little girl and the teachers were happy to have Gracie there so she had a friend. I was ecstatic that Lydia was there so that Gracie had a friend. They didn't talk to each other much, but they sat together at a table and played.

Jeff picked Gracie up at 12:30 p.m., stopped to visit a friend for a bit, and then headed home for a nap. They took a 2-1/2 hour nap, which means that Gracie was wide awake and ready to play when I got home. We had a very fun evening as Gracie was energetic and happy. She did get quite upset with us at suppertime and in anger or frustration overturned her almost empty bowl of soup and whatever else she could get to before we got to her. We calmly took her into her room, told her she was not in a timeout, but that she had to calm down. She could come out when she was ready. A little while later she emerged with sad little eyes, came over to Jeff and I and signed, as well as verbally said "sad". This is huge...I've been working with her alot on labelling her emotions. I got down to her eye level and told her I was sorry that she was sad and I gave her a hug. A little while later she came over to Jeff and I and signed (unprompted I might add) that she was sorry.

Gracie is growing again and has been eating a ton. Just for supper last night she had a bowl of homemade turkey noodle soup, a whole pear, a big hamburger bun, a container of yogurt, and some Hershey's kisses. I can tell that her legs are growing as her muscles seem tight again and her knees are bending more. We'll need to do some stretching, I think.

Gracie was in a good mood this morning. For the last couple of weeks, the only thing she wants for breakfast is Cinnamon Toaster Streudel. You could make her something else but she won't eat it. This morning, she surprised me by insisting she wanted a pear for breakfast and that is exactly what she ate. A pear, with a few bites of Toaster Streudel. The pear is definitely much healthier.

Gracie is at back-up daycare again today. On the way there, we practiced saying our last name. Gracie now knows her first and last name. YAY! When we arrived at back-up daycare she was happy but quiet. That is until she spied the teacher named Gail next door. Gracie let out a scream of delight and sprinted over to Gail. I barely got a goodbye. It was a quick wave and I knew she would be just fine. They are so good to her there. I'm hoping that perhaps Lydia will be back there today too.

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: