Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monday/Tuesday - Happy Valentine's Day

Gracie had a great day yesterday and was in a fantastic mood last night when she came home from school and daycare. She had a bag full of treats from daycare, the ladies who drive/ride her bus had a treat bag made up for her, and a treat from her daycare buddy.

I picked Gracie up at daycare and she was all smiles, she talked all the way home and when it was time to transition from the car to the house, she was happy and we had NO meltdowns. Daddy brought home Italian food for supper and she was so excited for "chicken". After she was done eating her food, she plopped up on my lap and helped herself to my salad.

We gave Gracie a doctor kit and some dvds for Valentine's Day. The stethoscope in the doctor kit is so much fun, it makes the sound of a heart beat and then somebody coughing. She has been to the doctor so many times, she knew exactly what to do with it. She is now imitating the coughing sound. She also loved giving mommy "shots" and then I would cry exaggeratedly. She thought this was hilarious, so when I gave her a shot, she treated me to a fantastic fake cry as well.

She was a happy girl all night long and it was so much fun to just play!!!!

Gracie had a pretty good night, although she awoke at 2:00 a.m. and was happy and way too wide awake. She handed me her sock and showed me her bare foot. I put her sock back on, she giggled and then layed her head on my chest and after a bit (thankfully) fell asleep. She did not want to wake up this morning, but did awake in a good mood.

When it came time to leave for daycare, she decided to fall to the floor and be limp girl and tell me "no". This is happening way too often and I don't have time for it in the morning. Once we get to daycare she is all happy to be there...I think it's that transition stuff again. She's just having too much fun to have to leave.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I'm convinced she is growing taller again. Her balance has been way off lately. She loses her balance so easily and has had a few near falls. Just getting used to her rapidly growing body again.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: