Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday - Making Progress

Gracie had a good day at school yesterday and at daycare. She got to help make brownies at daycare yesterday and then got to take some home for her dessert. She was so proud of her brownies. She insisted on carrying them to the car and then to the house when we got home.

Gracie loved sounds when she was a baby...vacuum cleaner, dehumidifier, etc. Then as she got a bit older, she became terrified of the vacuum cleaner, blender, paper shredder, etc. So if you've come to our house when it wasn't vacuumed...it's because it was a big ordeal and Gracie would go into hysterics. Last night I decided to tackle a big stack of papers that needed shredding, while Gracie was in the bathtub and being splashed by daddy. She came out of the tub and I was just sure she would be upset, but I kept going. She came over to me and started handing me paper from my pile saying "Here's some" every time she handed me a piece of paper. Then she decided it was so much fun that she sat on my lap while I continued on. When I would stop, she would tell me "more". She loved the sensory feeling of putting her hands into all the shredded paper when we were done. She would feel through it, then take a handful and throw it on the floor. I just let her have fun. Of course when we were done playing, it was time to vacuum. Well she fell in love with the vaccum cleaner last night too and wanted to vacuum herself, so we let her. Oh she was having a blast.

Gracie had a very good night and went to back-up daycare this morning (our daycare provider's daughter has a high fever and pneumonia). They are so good to her there. They were excited that she was added on this morning and even the cook was excited when she heard Gracie was coming. This makes me happy, because with Gracie's dairy intolerance, the cook always has to make her a different meal then the other kids. Gracie was a little tentative, but happy, at first. Then she saw Gail, one of the teachers, and she ran over to her, held her hand and I barely got a wave goodbye.

Back-up daycare could only provide care til 12:30 p.m. today, so Gracie gets some time with daddy this afternoon. I know she will enjoy that immensely.

Stay warm!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: