Monday, January 24, 2011

The Weekend

After going through five diapers with explosive diarrhea, I picked Gracie up at daycare around noon. She had another nasty diaper for me, which prompted me to call peds. They went through the appropriate triage with me and in end told me she should be seen by a pediatrician within three days. The last time this happened, I brought her in and there was nothing they could do for her. I think it is just the act of making the call, as the diarrhea has now ended and we saw no signs of it over the weekend.

The weekend brought on a new challenge. Some sort of cold/upper respiratory virus. The cough has a bit of a rattle to it that I will definitely watch closely. The poor pumpkin can't breathe, so Saturday night and Sunday night were tough. We did catch a few zzzz's when I would sit up in bed and hold her upright to sleep. She has a really hard time falling asleep too, even though she is so tired and she wakes up a million times a night.

We had a very low key weekend and stayed home all weekend. Gracie didn't seem to mind. We read books, played, danced, sang, and just snuggled a bit too. When Gracie doesn't feel good her biggest request to mom is "bounce". She likes me to hold her and just lightly bounce her up and down as I walk. This has been a comfort to her since she was an itty bitty baby. At 45 lbs., I can still do it...but I do not look forward to the day that she becomes too heavy.

Gracie was GRUMPY this morning. She was also a major daddy's girl. Mommy could not do anything right this morning. I think she is gearing up for daddy's trip to Hawaii that is coming up soon.

Gracie did go to school and daycare this morning. I hope all goes well and I hope she gets a good nap in. I think she will need it today.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: