Thursday, January 20, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday

Gracie had a good day yesterday. She still has the diarrhea, but much less intense...only one bout of it yesterday, although she did not have a great appetite.

Gracie had school yesterday, but our day was a little different than normal as their was strep at daycare, so we didn't want her there until antibiotics were well underway. Jeff dropped her off at school and she was a little hesistant to go in, but once inside she had a big smile on her face. I picked Gracie up after school and was told she had a very good day and was very happy. The paraprofessional who brought her to the door for me made my day. She smiled and told me she just loved Grace to pieces. :)

I knelt down to Gracie's level when I picked her up and asked her if she had a good day. She just leaned over and gave me the sweetest kiss on my lips. Another day brightener. Gracie had a folder full of projects, a library book, and her class picture sheet. Gracie has carried that class picture sheet around the house since she got it. It is so fun to see the kids in her class. She specifically mentions "Brock" and Justine...whom she calls "Stine". She smiles whenever I talk about her teachers and paraprofessionals too.

Gracie and I spent the afternoon together and worked on some of her not favorite things -- building blocks, stacking cups, and she tolerated it all pretty nicely. She also requested to play "family". This is where we play with her doll house that has a mom, dad, and baby. This comes in very handy to play out life stories. I use it alot to act out the things we sometimes find challenging, like biting or tantrums. We also read alot of books.

Gracie is drooling constantly and is very stuffed up. I think she has a cold starting up. Bummer.

She had a very good night, but did NOT want to wake up this morning. Her stuffed puppy had to give her cheek licks to finally get her to smile and open her eyes.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: