Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Monday/Tuesday

Gracie ended up having a much better day than I anticipated on Monday with her cold and absolute grumpiness of the morning. No projects in her school folder or notes, so I'm thinking no news is good news. She took a good nap at daycare and was a good girl...other than pinching one of her daycare friends, which got her a good shove, that hurt her feelings and made her cry. Oh the life of a 3 year old!

When I arrived at daycare to pick Gracie up, she was busy helping to cook in the kitchen and she didn't notice me walk in. It was so sweet to watch her helping. I was rewarded with a big smile, but she didn't want to go home. Daycare sent us some cake home (which was delicious) and Gracie made it her personal mission to carry it out to the car on her own. She was so mad at me the whole way home because she wanted to eat it the minute we got in the car.

Gracie was in a pretty good mood last night and although she acted very tired and run down, had a really hard time falling asleep. Having slept very little the last two nights, I went to bed with her. We both slept from 9:00 p.m. - midnight without waking. Three hours of uninterupted sleep felt wonderful. The rest of our night was not so peaceful. Gracie could not breathe, could not get comfortable...so constantly tossed and turned and fussed and I just felt sorry for her, because I know that feeling. I tried to get her head elevated, but nothing quite worked how she wanted it.

Despite a restless night, Gracie was in a very good mood this morning. Her cold is in full force and she is so plugged up. Her cough is still nasty, so I will continue to be watchful of that. She ate a big breakfast and even requested a piece of cinnamon bread to go. I'm hoping she gets a good nap in this afternoon.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: