Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tuesday/Wednesday

Gracie's cold is still in full force, but she seems to be breathing a little easier. The cough still sounds a little rough, but productive. Gracie had a good day at daycare and when I got home had much to tell me. I didn't understand it all, unfortunately. Every day when I get home from work, I tell her "Gracie, I missed you today!" and I give her a big hug. Now she says it with me...it is so cute.

Gracie insisted she wanted chicken for supper, so I got it ready for her and then she wanted something else, but I just couldn't understand what. I asked her to show me and she wouldn't. She had a total meltdown and refused to eat anything. So I calmed her down and took her downstairs to the tub for a bath. That is always a mood brightener. It worked like a charm. Afterward, I cut up an apple for her and had some peanut butter bread for her to eat. She was enjoying it immensely when she put too much bread in her mouth, choked and couldn't breathe. Yes, daddy had to do the heimlich maneuver on her and she finally coughed it up, with a bunch of phlegm from her nose. Needless to say it scared her and that was the end of her snack.

Gracie was sweet and snuggly and tired. She did not fuss a bit when it was time for bed...she just said "nigh, nigh" and we went to her room. She fell asleep fairly quickly and slept beautifully until 12:30 a.m. She and we were awakened by our doorbell and a loud knock following. One of our neighbors had locked themselves out of their house. She was cold and had no shoes/socks or coat and needed help. While Jeff tried to help, I tried to get Gracie back to sleep, but that wasn't happening as she could hear voices. Our neighbor's sister picked her up and we were all ready to go back to sleep about 2:00 a.m., only Gracie still couldn't sleep. Then she began a coughing spurt. I bounced with her and I rocked her and finally at 3:00 a.m. she fell asleep. This is not enough sleep for a girl who needs to get up at 6:00 a.m. and who has school this morning. She was a bear to wake up. She finally did wake up but was a bit moody. She did get in a better mood and listened to music all the way to daycare. I'm thinking she may take a nice long nap at daycare today. I only hope she doesn't fall asleep at school or try to crawl in the doll bed again.

I think we may all call it an early night tonight.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: