Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday - Back to Daycare

Gracie had a fairly restless night, but awoke in a good mood this morning. We had some good snuggle time before we started our day. Gracie was a good girl and enjoyed singing on the way to daycare. She was happy to see her friends, although she wasn't sure she wanted to let go of my hand. When I told her it was time for me to go, she looked at me, gave me a big smile, and then held my hand tighter. After a big hug and kiss, she decided it was okay for me to leave.

Gracie had a good day at daycare. It was too hot to spend much time outside, but she did play with blocks today. This is something that Gracie has struggled with -- playing with toys that aren't musical. Blocks just don't register on the scale of fun things. Daycare is working with Gracie on playing with these types of toys, specifically while peer modeling. We are seeing success...although it is slow success.

When Jeff picked Gracie up she wasn't sure she wanted to go home, she was having too much fun. Jeff and Gracie had a good time dancing and playing until I got home. We had a light supper as it was too hot to eat or cook. After supper Gracie insisted upon going outside in the incredibly hot humid weather. Once there she looked like she was melting. So we turned on her sprinkler ball and that got her wet and a little livened up.

It was storming when Gracie went to bed and it was raining quite hard. She kept looking at me while she was laying down and she would sign "rain". I would confirm that she was correct and she would just smile in pride. She is now sleeping soundly.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: