Monday, July 26, 2010

Home with Mom & Dad

Gracie's fever continued through the night. I gave her more Tylenol at 1:00 a.m. and then she awoke fever free and that continued through the day. Her temperature ran warmer than usual for her, but she didn't have a fever. She also had a better night sleep, although still restless. She cried out a few times and once she just started laughing. I'm hoping it was just a good dream. I know there are laugh seizures, so I hope that wasn't the case.

Jeff and I split the day and I stayed home from work with her in the morning and he stayed home this afternoon. She was a very good girl for me this morning and she did good for Jeff this afternoon too. She took a 35 minute nap today and by supper time we could tell she was low on sleep. She was upset about something and couldn't tell us or show us what and had a major meltdown. It took us quite a while to get her calmed down from that one.

Gracie didn't have much of an appetite today either. A few crackers here and there, a half of a banana, and tonight she asked for yogurt instead of ice cream for her seizure meds. That surprised me, but I was only too happy to accomodate that request. She drank a bit more today, but still isn't drinking as much as I would like her too.

All in all we are on the mend. If she remains fever free through the night, I think she is ready to go back to daycare tomorrow. Her eyes looks so much better too. Amazing how quickly those drops work.

And on a fun note...tonight in the bathtub Gracie points to her rubber duck and says "duck", which we know that she can say. Then she says "quack, quack, quack......." about a hundred times. She thought she was hilarious. Actually, it did tickle my funny bone.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: