Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Nasty Cold and....Pink Eye!!!

Gracie had a tired day yesterday. Her cold is getting her down. She had an extremely restless night last night, but did sleep on and off from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. When she awoke this morning her eye was very swollen, mattery, and pink. I was pretty sure we had a case of pink eye going on, so while Jeff headed to band practice, I headed to the doctor with Gracie. Mommy guessed right. The doctor (who was awesome) said he is very conservative about treating pink eye and usually has the individual wait 2 or 3 days to see if it resolves on it's own. That being said, he indicated Gracie's was so bad that he prescribed drops right away.

She doesn't love getting the drops in her eyes. It takes me sort of sitting on her pinning her hands to her side and Jeff holding her head, so I can get the drops in. She is such a character though. She fights the drops, but thinks it's hilarious when I tell her I'm going to sit on her and then do. Granted I'm not putting my weight on her.

Gracie could not fall asleep for a nap. We tried on and off for about two hours and she just could not relax enough to fall asleep. So she was a bit moody on and off today. We did take a long walk but she rode in the stroller for a good part of it. We made a strawberry smoothie to cool off with after our walk. We laced Gracie's smoothie with seizure meds.

Gracie was extremely verbal today and just so cognizant of everything we tell her, whether she likes it or not. She pointed at the closet door in her room, I told her it was a "door". She said "door" a few times. Then tonight when she was going to bed, she pointed to it again and we talked about what it was. The she pointed to the window and I told her it was a "window". She corrected me and told me it was a "curtain". Every morning, I tell her I'm going to open the "curtain" now.

She had a really hard time falling asleep tonight, but finally did. She was definitely mommy's girl today.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: