Friday, December 16, 2011

The Week in Review

Gracie's fever continued through Monday night and I stayed home with her on Tuesday.  She was very happy, just very very tired.  On Wednesday it was back to daycare for her and she had a good day.  They've been learning about families and have pictures of the daycare kids on a chart and then they get to add pictures of their family.  We are one of the few families that have carried through on this request, so all the kids seem to know me.  When I arrived the first day after our pictures went up, all the kids announced "It's Gracie's mom"! 

On Thursday it was back to school for Gracie.  We had a talk about how I really needed her to be a big brave girl and get on the bus.  I'm told she did great getting on.  She didn't want to get off once at school.  Once she did and they got into the routine I'm told she had a good morning.  Although it must have been stressful for her, because once back at daycare she was hitting the other kids if they got too close or looked at her.  Her daycare teacher does a nice job of redirecting her to a favorite book "Meoow" when she needs some time to de-stress.  I could tell last night that she was overtired.  A bath was great therapy for her and she was in bed by 8:00 p.m. and asleep by 8:01 p.m.

My heart melt moment for yesterday was that the kids learned about love at daycare.  Then each child was asked what love is and the teacher wrote their comments on hearts to stick around the room.  When Gracie was asked "What is love?"  She answered "Momma"! 

Today it was back to daycare and all the kids seemed to be having a hard time this morning.  Gracie was a little hesitant as her normal daycare teacher is off on Fridays, but there is another one that she knows that does a really good job with her too.  When I pulled up to daycare Gracie said "no".  I asked "Don't you want to go to daycare today?"  Gracie answered "no".  I then asked "Where do you want to go today?"  She answered "home".  I said "How about if we go to daycare today and stay home tomorrow?"  I held my breath for her response and was pleasantly surprised when I got a cheery "Otay!" 

Tomorrow morning we have a playdate scheduled and we're excited, then I promise we'll be home!  With the exception of maybe a stop at the store for Fruitloops...we're out.  This is not a good thing!

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: