Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The New Daycare

So yesterday was Gracie's first day at her new daycare.  I think it went pretty well, with the exception of them forgetting to give her seizure meds at noon.  I got a call from the director at 4:45 p.m. with this information.  She was extremely apologetic and assured me it wouldn't happen again.  I had them give them to her then and we gave her evening meds to her much later.  They also gave her milk, she is outgrowing a sensitivity to milk and can eat most milk products now (aside from cream soups in recipes and actual milk to drink).  Gracie refuses to drink milk anyway, so I'm doubtful she actually drank it, but because water or juice wasn't given as asked, I'm pretty sure she didn't drink anything.  When she got home she drank 4 huge glasses of Gatorade.  I just couldn't give her enough to drink.  She also had the shakes, like she was cold, but she didn't seem cold and she didn't have a fever.  I'm thinking it may have had to do with the seizure meds being so late. 

We had some fairly strong behaviors in the evening, but I fully expected that.  Transition is hard for Gracie.  I even got kicked in the face while changing her diaper.  Lovely.  She just gets so worked up.  She was very apologetic once she cooled down and got some perspective. 

Today was a much better day, she hugged all the parents as they came into the room.  I'm told this was very well received.  She got along with her peers and tonight she was extremely verbal.  She was watching one of her signing videos tonight that she's watched before and they spell glue on it.  Well she spelled it before they did.  G-L-U-E!  She does have a very chapped chin and cheeks from the outdoors and her still drooling a bit.  There is a child at the center that is autistic that is in the room next to hers.  I'm told the two of them match hands alot through the window on the door between the room.  They seem to have a little connection. 

Today they gave her water instead of milk and although she was thirsty when we got home, not like yesterday.  I can tell she is alot more hungry at night too...and tired.  She is resting in the afternoon, but not actually sleeping. 

Hopefully it will continue to get better and better.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: