Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday & More

Gracie's first week at the new daycare center has gone so much better than I anticipated.  It's definitely an adjustment, but Gracie really seems to like it there and they are very good to her.  Her class size is growing, which I don't love, but knew it would happen.  She seems to be doing fine even with the increase in number of kids.  I love her teacher and so does Gracie.  Ms. Elissa happens to be fluent in sign language and uses it with her classroom, that is a big plus for Gracie who knows quite a bit of sign. 

We did have one major meltdown yesterday when she was supposed to get on the bus at daycare.  Needless to say they handled it beautifully and got Gracie calmed down, but they ended up keeping her at daycare and she didn't go to school.  I'm just not sure what the trauma of the bus is.  So I've got to do some thinking around this and how to make that transition less traumatic for her. 

Gracie has not been taking naps, she rests quietly while the other kids sleep, but she isn't sleeping.  This makes for a majorly tired girl at night.  This isn't all bad as she has been sleeping the best she's ever slept at night, but she's also a little more moody.  Last night on my way home from picking her up she fell asleep in the car, so I drove around for almost a half hour just to give her a little rest.  I thought it would make our evening more pleasant.  I was right. 

Her new daycare is amazed at how much she eats.  I'm not surprised, she is a very good eater - she has to be to keep up her growth rate.  She continues to be mondo thirsty when she gets home.  We actually have a glass of juice ready for her in the car when we pick her up.

Gracie misses her old daycare and talks about them alot.  We pretend to call them on the phone and that makes her smile.

I'm looking forward to spending some good quality time with Gracie this weekend. 

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: