Thursday, December 29, 2011

Claritin is a Beautiful Thing

We gave Gracie a 24 hour Claritin yesterday and it did the trick, it kept the hives away for 24 hours.  She had the best night sleep (and so did I) that she's had in days.  She did have a few hives starting on her neck again this morning.  Jeff was going to keep an eye on it and give her more Claritin if needed. 

Jeff and Gracie had a good day yesterday.  They did some visiting and some errands and Jeff said she was very verbal all day and had come up with some new fun words which he couldn't remember (do you think dementia is setting in with his birthday just a few days away, hmmmm). 

When I arrived home Gracie jumped in my arms and we sat on the couch for awhile and just snuggled.  I could tell she was tired and she hadn't napped but was in mostly a good mood.  We ate supper, took a bath, played a little while, and she was ready for bed.  I really need to be better about putting her pajamas on before she gets too tired.  If I do it right before she goes to bed and is already too tired, it's a huge ordeal.  Last night she decided it would be much better to scream and forcefully hit her closet door over and over again rather than put on her pj's.  Of course with every few hits, she would say "owww" cause of course it hurt her hand.  I suggested she hit her pillow pal instead.  For some reason she found this funny and although she was still mad, every time I would direct her to her pillow pal there were a few giggles. 

Gracie and Jeff are hanging out again today and tomorrow I will join them.  We have an appointment at the clinic in the morning, but after that it's just errands and playtime.  I'm looking forward to some good family time.

Have a safe New Years Eve and weekend!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: