Monday, March 28, 2011

The Weekend

Gracie had a good weekend. Jeff picked her up at daycare and I came home to the two of them talking to Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Russ on Skype (Gracie's request). Friday night was just a hang out at home kind of night and Gracie was in a really good mood, so that was fun. She was very tired though, so was in bed by 8:00 p.m. On Saturday, Gracie and I hung out at home and just got a few things done here and there. She took a 2-1/2 hour nap in the afternoon (so did I). That got us ready to party that night. We went to a surprise 50th birthday party for our friends Brenda and Scott. (Happy Birthday Brenda and Scott - we love you!) Gracie had great fun taking Brenda's nieces for walks. I did realize that I am a total Nervous Nellie when it comes to food for Gracie now that we've discovered her food allergies and been told we are not to give her anything without reading the label. Parties and get togethers make that a little harder to do. I brought cake along for her, so she could have some of that. My biggest fear is that she'll stick her finger into something and have it in her mouth before I can do anything about it. I'm not sure if it will get easier or harder as she gets older. We all had a great time at the party. Gracie stayed awake the whole ride home and wasn't quite ready to go to bed when we got home. She didn't fall asleep until 11:30 p.m. This is the child that is usually in bed by 8:00/8:30 p.m. That long afternoon nap helped her cause. Sunday was a snuggly day as Gracie was quite tired. She did take a short nap in the late morning, but wanted nothing to do with an afternoon nap. So she snuggled with Jeff and I quite a bit all day and was a little more emotional when things didn't go quite her way. I made one of her favorite meals for supper and oooh did that girl eat - pork chops cooked in the crock pot with BBQ sauce and chicken broth mashed potatoes. Yummy! Yesterday Gracie was listening to music and kept telling us and signing "bird". We couldn't figure out what she wanted. Finally she got frustrated and said and signed "bird music". It took us a minute or two to figure out she wanted the "chicken dance". She was all smiles when Jeff figured it out. She also informed me yesterday when I opened a Diet Coke that "I want some". For those of you wondering, she didn't "get some". We put Gracie's new (hand me down - thank you cousin Jason) booster seat in the van yesterday. This replaces the car seat that she had grown out of. She is so much happier in the booster seat and can get in and out herself. This saves Jeff and my backs big time. Last night Gracie had a horrible time falling asleep. I think the fact that she was overtired made her overstimulated. It took an hour for her to fall asleep and she was so restless. She had a mostly good night. This morning when she woke up, her first request was for her "iPod"...she wanted to watch "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" which is interactive. Both Jeff and I took Gracie to daycare on our way to work as my car is in the shop. I think she thought that was kind of weird. She is on spring break, so no school this week. Love, Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: