Monday, March 7, 2011

The Weekend

Jeff worked all weekend, so Gracie and I got some good quality one-on-one time together. On Saturday we headed to Target in the morning, then picked up some lunch at McDonalds (one of the restaurants that are tree nut allergy friendly) and headed to work as I had forgot some meds there. When the drive through handed me the food they said "Have a Nice Day". The little mimic in the backseat then repeated that a few hundred times...all while smiling and being silly. We did stop and visit daddy for just a few minutes. Gracie asked about him all morning. Then back home where she took a 3 hour nap. That 3 hour nap worked to our advantage as Jeff didn't get home til close to her usual bedtime, but she was wide awake and they got some play time in.

On Sunday we watched mass on TV and Gracie was very into it...singing along and even doing a little dancing. Then we headed to the store to buy hand soap as I discovered all of ours has coconut in it...and Miss Grace is a soap eater. I also picked up a few summer clothes items for her. There was a solid color shirt in a number of color selections. I let her pick out which color she wanted and I was shocked that she picked out pink. Here I thought she would have to be in counseling when she was older because mommy always dresses her in pink.

On the way into the store, I was holding Gracie's hand and all of a sudden I felt her little lips kiss the top of my hand. The smile that followed was so sweet too. Ahhh, those are the precious moments that I cherish.

We ordered Gracie's Medical Alert bracelet this weekend. It was highly recommended that we get one for her nut allergies. We also added her seizure disorder to the info too.

All in all it was a good weekend. We hope you had a good weekend too.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: