Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Catching Up

Gracie had a good weekend and got to spend alot of time outdoors. She absolutely loved this. She even asked to swing, but it is a little too wet and soggy in the backyard yet. We also found out that Gracie has an absolute love of the band "Twisted Sister". She loves the song "I Wanna Rock" and goes to the computer and requests it over and over and over again and then dances and head bangs to it. It's really quite cute, but every time we go to capture it on video, she won't cooperate.

Yesterday Gracie had school and Jeff dropped her off and I picked her up as the baby at daycare is very sick and we don't want to have Gracie exposed. Gracie was very smiley when I picked her up. She didn't want much for lunch, but she did have applesauce as a snack at school and from the look of her face and shirt, not all of it made it in her mouth. :)

Gracie took a two hour nap yesterday and then we headed to the mall for just a bit. Gracie is growing and I needed some bigger basic black pants for her. We got those and on the way home she had a pretty big seizure in the backseat in her car seat. I think it was a pretty good thing she was sitting down, because I think this one could have knocked her down. So after the big jolt, she went into an absence seizure. I talked with her neurologist this morning and we are going to increase her meds, but due to the fact that Gracie seems to be needing more and more increases without as much weight gain, we are going to be doing a couple of blood tests after a week on the increase to check on blood levels and make sure there aren't any negative effects going on.

Gracie's streak of peaceful nights has ended. She has been very restless the last 3 or 4 nights and a little more defiant and aggressive with bites, hitting, and pinching. Thankfully this is still reserved for Jeff and I only. I do wonder if there is a correlation to this and her need for increased meds. I'm hoping once we increase, this will subside as well.

Gracie is at back-up daycare today and I will pick her up early to go to the dentist. We've been practicing saying "aahhhh" all week. Our last dentist (which was her first) visit was an absolute disaster, so I'm hoping this goes better. When I called to make the appointment, they told me they would like to do sealants on her teeth today. I about laughed out loud. I told them I didn't think that was going to happen. They told me they would give it a try. I'll let you know how this works out. Don't hold your breath!

This morning Jeff and I were telling Gracie something, I think it may have been that we needed to get her dressed or maybe it was her coat on. I don't remember for sure, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear her tell me "I don't wanna!" Her increasing ability to express herself is so good for her. I've been trying to work with her on telling me "I'm mad", instead of hitting or biting. We'll continue to work on that.

She is as loving as she can be as well. I can't tell you how many beautiful smiles, kisses, and hugs Jeff and I get through the day. It makes the more stressful time all worthwhile.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: