Friday, March 18, 2011

Thursday/Friday - St. Patty's Day and More

Gracie had a great time at the library yesterday! Since it was St. Patrick's Day, they had an authentically dressed bagpipe player performing and Gracie loved the music. She also was so excited to participate in story time. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that she gets to participate in this kind of stuff. If it were possible for me to be a stay-at-home mom, I always envisioned myself taking my child to these kind of fun experiences. So even though I'm not that stay-at-home mom, she still gets to experience it. Gracie and her "big sis (8 yrs old)" at daycare drew a picture for us with leprechauns, shamrocks, and a rainbow. It was so cute and I'm told they had so much fun doing it together.

Gracie was in a good mood last night and for a treat (and since she has refused supper every night this week) I brought home food from McDonald's for supper. She took one look at the bag, got all excited, and exclaimed "chicken" as she ran to take the bag from me. She ate a yummy (if not healthy) supper of chicken nuggets, french fries with "boop" (that's what Gracie calls ketchup), and a fresh pear. She ate quite a bit. We snuck in a Shamrock Shake for daddy too.

Last night we went for a walk outside. Gracie was such a little trooper, she walked and walked and was having a great time. At one point she stopped, stooped down and looked at a muddy rock and I was sure she would pick it up, as was the practice last year. This year, she made me proud, she got in real close and said "Ick". :)

Usually when Gracie gets tired when walking she will asked to be held, but last night she went to lay on the sidewalk. Since they are wet and muddy, I caught her just in time and told her that she couldn't lay on the sidewalk. She looked up at me and said "nigh, nigh". I think she was just tired out and her legs had been working so hard. Daddy carried her the rest of the way home.

Gracie had a pretty good night and this morning she wanted to read through a baby magazine while we got ready. She just layed on her bed and looked through the magazine and a Dora book. I even let her have breakfast in bed - she thought that was funny.

We were in the car on our way to daycare this morning and I asked Gracie if she wanted to listen to music. My sweet girl responded "please" and smiled. And you all know, I smiled too!

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: