Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday - The Med Increase

Gracie had a good day yesterday. She was back at her normal daycare and she also had school in the morning. When she got off the bus from school, she was so tired she didn't want any lunch and went right to sleep for 2 hours. When she woke up, she was hungry, happy, and ready to dance and play. She was in a great mood for most of the night last night.

She was super excited when Auntie Sheila called for her and was quite responsive to questions being asked. Usually she loves to listen, but doesn't want to talk. Yesterday morning we increased Gracie's seizure meds and we've already been seeing a slight increase in cognitive skills and are hoping that continues. We're crediting her responsiveness on the phone to this. As I was talking on the phone I mentioned how school had to use the extra set of clothes from Gracie's locker yesterday as she must have wet through her diaper. (NOTE TO SELF: Send bigger back-up clothes to school for Gracie, she's outgrown the ones we sent at the beginning of the year.) Gracie quickly piped up with the word "locker". So I started talking to her about her locker and asking her what items are in her locker. She informed me that these are the things in her locker...all of these responses were unaided: backpack, shoes, coat, boots. I was impressed.

Gracie was very restful from 9:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m. and then she was a bit more restless after that. My theory of her restlessness at night being related to seizure activity might not be so far fetched. I also found Gracie's mood to be better last night than it has been for a couple of days. It could be because she was back at her normal daycare or it could be because of the med increase. She didn't seem as prone to purposefully seek out all the things she knows she is not supposed to touch. Again, I really feel that it may be seizure related...a restlessness that drives her to just go from thing to thing.

Gracie played the "hold my meds in my mouth and spit them out later" trick again this morning. I now have an additional gray hair or two.

Daycare was planning to take Gracie to the library today and she was very excited about this. She loves going to the library. I hope I get to hear all about it tonight.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: