Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Monday/Tuesday

I was right! Gracie was a tired little girl last night. She had a fun day at daycare and even got to help make brownies. Gracie LOVES to help. She got to put sprinkles on them and everything. Yet, she was too tired to eat them last night. She didn't even want much of anything for supper. We have those days when she just isn't hungry at night. Perhaps her growth spurt is slowing down. I know she is outgrowing some of her clothes again. Or she is making up for eating everything in sight this weekend. :)

She talked to Aunt Cheryl on Skype for a bit, but decided that running around the house would be a good idea...I think it was more to keep herself awake than anything.

Gracie was in bed by 8:30 p.m. last night and it took her about two seconds to fall asleep. She had a great night, which means so did I. I've had a number of those lately and it feels so good.

This morning Gracie was in a very good mood. Jeff was in the bathroom brushing his teeth and gargling, while Gracie and I were snuggling in her room. Gracie was imitating the sounds that Jeff was making in the bathroom, it was hilarious.

Gracie will no longer drink milk of any kind for us or for daycare. Having talked with her pediatrician briefly, I'm trying to use other things to get calcium in her rapidly growing body. If all else fails, we'll start using a supplement, but I would rather not knowing that she can easily have constipation issues if not monitored and diet altered. So I have been giving her orange juice with lots of pulp and lots of calcium to drink. She loves it. This morning she told me she wanted juice, but not just any kind of juice, she told me she wanted "orange juice". It was pretty exciting that she could verbalize exactly what she wanted.

On the way to daycare Gracie read a catalog of all sorts of outdoor playsets. She loves this catalog and is constantly asking me "what's that?" Sometimes it's a slide, sometimes it's a girl. I always answer, she repeats what I say and then merrily continues to look through it.

The sun is shining today and I think there will be some outdoor play time.

Enjoy the sunshine.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: