Friday, January 27, 2012

Good Week

Gracie has had a good week at daycare and school.  I've been working on getting her to bed earlier at night.  That seems to help her moods greatly and she has been tired enough that she falls asleep early, but it sometimes backfires with her waking up in the night or too early in the morning. 

At school Gracie got to be the special helper at school one day this week and I'm told she LOVED that.  They said she was very happy and very talkative that day.  At daycare they are learning about the ocean and made an octopus out of toilet tissue rolls.  They also made jelly fish out of upside down paper bowls and yarn.  I just love hers.  It has just two tentacles, but you can tell she really worked hard on it and it is hanging from the ceiling and well I'm just a proud mommy! 

On Tuesday night Gracie got to talk with Grandma and Grandpa D. via Skype.  She played shy as she always does, but did talk a little bit.  On Wednesday night she came home and was really cold, she just shivered and shivered and when we asked her if she wanted a blanket she agreed she did.  Jeff (the warm body of the house) had her sit on his lap and he wrapped a blanket around her and just held her close to try and get her warm.  Once she had stopped shivering, I put her jammies on and added a big fuzzy sweatshirt over the top.  I was just sure she was coming down with something, because Gracie is rarely cold and never shivers unless she is sick, but she has remained healthy.  So I'm not sure if she just caught a chill that day or what. 

Last night Gracie ate and ate again, although she did not like the chicken tacos they had for lunch at daycare, so I think she was just a hungry girl from not eating much lunch.  Although when she woke up this morning I was just sure she looked taller. 

Yesterday I had a dental implant put in and had a very sore cheek and mouth.  When Jeff picked Gracie up, he informed Gracie that mommy had an owie and that she had to be very gentle with mommy.  She was very concerned about this and when she saw me she kept insisting she wanted to "see" the owie and she kept wanting to touch my cheek.  Oops...maybe we shouldn't have told her. 

This morning Gracie was in a great mood!  She was singing and dancing and smiley.  I dressed her in this adorable pastel sweatshirt and added blue leggings, but soon realized the leggings were a little too form fitting to be worn without having something over them so I added a pink tutu.  That was a huge lit, she danced around the house saying "tutu" and telling us that she was a "ballerina".  She looked adorable. 

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: