Monday, January 23, 2012

Healthy Again!

Okay, so I didn't quite make my promise of posting last week.  Gracie had a G.I. bug that hit on Monday night and lasted the full week.  Thankfully no vomiting, but she had lots of stomach cramps and diarrhea.  I really felt sorry for the little pumpkin.  Her appetite was gone as well, although she was still wonderful about taking her seizure meds with applesauce.  I was thankful for that.

On Monday before the "bug" hit, Gracie and I met Jeff where he was working...doing audio for a Robert Robinson concert.  Robert is a phenomenal gospel singer and tours a lot with Lori Line.  I was thrilled to get the opportunity to hear him again and Gracie loved it as well.  Gracie was just sure that when he sang "Amazing Grace" it was just for her.  She is pretty amazing, you know.  She got to meet Mr. Robinson and his piano player afterward.  She was thrilled and held both of their hands. 

The G.I. bug hit that evening and was in full force the rest of the week.  Jeff and I took turns staying home with her.  We practiced good hand hygiene and I disinfected everything I could think of, including door knobs and light switches.  I think it worked.  Both Jeff and I remain healthy. 

This weekend Gracie was feeling much better and making up for her lost appetite.  Jeff and I marveled as she inhaled food.  I do not know where she puts all that food!  She was a good girl all week and all weekend as well.  On Sunday, I made a quick trip to the mall, while Jeff and Gracie decided to go outside for a bit.  She had been asking to go outside all week and I think not leaving the house for a full week was getting to her.  It was just cold and raw enough outside, they didn't stay out long and Gracie made no fuss when it was time to come in. 

Gracie is back at daycare today.  Schools were two hours late here, which means her preschool was canceled.  That's okay with me, I think it was for the best.  This way she can get back in the swing of things without too many transitions. 

Our biggest fun while sick was running around the kitchen island 2000 times (this was in the evenings when she was starting to feel better), playing with her Fisher Price Little People Zoo, and playing with her Mickey and Minnie Mouse figurines and driving them around in their "toon cars".  We have one each for mommy and daddy to play too!!!!

Have a great week and stay healthy!

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and the very healthy Gracie

No comments: