Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Monday/Tuesday - Back to the Real World

Gracie had a good day at daycare yesterday.  I'm told she had a lot of fun playing ring around the rosie with two of her daycare buddies.  A new family came for a tour of the facility and Gracie took them by the hand and gave them a tour of all the hot spots in the room.  She must have sold them on the place, their little boy starts today.  She did have one time where she became completely overwhelmed when the room got a little crazy. 

Last night at home was not a happy place.  Her getting up at 4:00 a.m. and no nap took it's toll.  If she wasn't crying, kicking, hitting, or screaming hysterically, she was walking around the house and grabbing anything she could get her hands on and throwing it to the floor.  I feel so bad for her when she is in one of these moods, I can't imagine what must be going on in her little head.  I know for fact there is no ability to reason and control her actions.  We got home at 6:00 p.m. and I had her in bed fast asleep by 7:00 p.m.  She was just plain OVER tired.  She slept until 4:00 a.m. this morning, then woke up and told me she was "awake".  I told her she wasn't and that she needed to go back to sleep.  It actually worked this time and she went back to sleep until about 5:30 a.m.  My sweet girl was back this morning.  Amazing what a good night's sleep can do for a person.

She did have two fun moments last night:

1.  She helped set the table for supper and was having just a blast doing it.  Needless to say, we'll have her do that again.  She loves to be helpful and if we happen to mention how helpful she is, she just beams.

2.  I had some Andes Mints left from Christmas time, the bigger ones that have pictures molded into the top.  I opened one up for her and it had a snowman on it.  She saw it and all by herself sang "Frosty the Snowman was a jolly happy soul."  It was so cute.  Unfortunately it was sung so softly that Jeff didn't hear it.

Gracie is back to daycare and school today.  I think she was ready to get back into her routine.

Have a great week and stay warm.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: