Friday, January 13, 2012

"I said"!

Gracie had another good day on Thursday.  Her daycare teacher reads the group many books and uses alot of books in her teaching and activities.  This is right up Gracie's alley!  Not to mention Ms. Alyssa is so good about writing down some of Gracie's favorites for me so I know which ones she really seems drawn too.  They are working on opposites right now! 

Last night after bath Gracie started getting hives again.  We gave her some Claritin right away and by this morning they were gone.  I've changed no products that we use with her, so I'm just not sure what is causing these outbreaks on occasion. 

I think I've mentioned that I start out giving Gracie her baths - I get her hair washed and combed out and I get her all clean and then she asks for daddy to come in and play and splash her.  So when my work was done, Jeff came in and I was in the laundry room next door.  I hear her tell him that he can't do something, but I wasn't quite sure what.  Then I hear Jeff ask her why he can't do whatever it was he wasn't supposed to do...and the reply was "I said".  I couldn't believe my ears - I doubled over in laughter.  We have never told her to do anything because "I said to"....I am guilty of saying "Just do it!" once in awhile.  So I'm guessing she probably hears it at daycare from the other kids.  I do know the little boy in her room got in trouble for swearing quite colorfully the other day (twice I might add).

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  I do believe we will need to go to the shoe store.  I noticed Gracie's toes are at the end of her shoes again. 

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: