Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Great Week Continues...

Gracie has had a great week at daycare and at school.  She's getting on the bus without much hesitancy and just seems to be taking things in stride.  On Tuesday, there was a sub at school, a young gentleman named Mr. Jake.  I'm told that he was great with all of the kiddos, but Gracie seemed to be especially taken by him and he was able to get her to participate in group time as no others before him have.  She was in such a good mood coming off the bus and all the kids in her room at daycare started chanting her name as she started running toward her room.  I'm told she got all excited and loved all of the attention.  I'm told they get quite concerned if Gracie's bus is running late and they all wonder where she is.  I love that!  :)

It was also reconfirmed for me this week that Gracie does a much better job with the transition from our house to the car to go to daycare if daddy isn't there.  If daddy's there, we are sure to see a fall to the floor resistance to go.  If it's just mom, we stall a bit as we figure out what toys to take in the car with us, but we aren't into the drama of making a big scene. 

Gracie has been quite brave on the slides at school and daycare lately and is even mastering the crawl through tunnels without assistance.  Yay - big girl! 

Last night Gracie was so tired and moody that she fell asleep on my lap as I was talking to mom on the phone.  When Gracie falls asleep she has these jerky movements that appear somewhat seizure-like (they aren't - we've had it checked out).  She is sitting on my lap and she starts jerking and I'm thinking "uh-oh" and then I see her little eyes are closed and she is fast asleep.  Sweet, sweet! 

Here's hoping for continued good health for her.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: