Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday - Boo Boo Bunny Needed

Gracie had the most peaceful night sleep I think she has ever had. She hardly stirred at all. She slept in until 7:00 a.m. I enjoyed it as well, except that I kept waking up to check on her. Gracie was in a great mood again today. She is communicating so much and understanding so much, that I think it just makes her a happier girl.

Jeff was playing in the band at his church this weekend, so Gracie and I were on our own. Gracie was a good girl (mostly) for our church service. Then we headed to Target to stock up on some necessities. I put her in the cart and she was good as gold. She ate a little bit for lunch, but wasn't too into it. Her fruit was a hit.

Gracie had fun playing puppy today, where she crawls around the floor and pretends she is a puppy. This is a huge step that she is beginning to do pretend play. Her imagination is expanding. Gracie took a 90 minute nap and awoke in a great mood. She had a snack and then we played in the house for awhile, but we were all going stir crazy and decided to put our coats on to venture outside. We walked out to a search party. One of our neighbor's little one year old girl was missing and nowhere to be found. We joined in on the search, as did the police. Gracie was very unsettled by this. She rode on mommy's back, so we could move more quickly and get into backyards and look under trees, etc. I'm happy to say the little girl was found unharmed and we met up with daddy again to resume our walk. I told Gracie that she was very helpful looking for a little girl that was lost. When I said "girl" she pointed to herself. We've been working on teaching her that she is a girl. "Yes", I said "a little girl like you." She smiled and we kept walking.

On our walk we discovered a couple of ant hills. These are very intriguing. We saw many birds and had to stop and watch them. We also saw a duck and followed it into our neighbors backyard. Not sure where the duck came from, but Grace was thrilled to see it.

We were just about home when Gracie was running on the sidewalk and fell. She held out her hands to catch herself, but couldn't keep her balance and hit her head and lip on the sidewalk. She's got a nice purple egg on her forehead and a big fat lip and skin missing from under her nose. We had to call in Boo Boo Bunny for that mishap, although Gracie really thought she should just hold "Boo Boo". We knew this one hurt as she cried. Our tough girl rarely cries when she gets hurt. Although in truthfulness, her tears were shortlived. I would have cried for much longer.

Gracie was a hungry girl for supper. She ate her BBQ, a little fruit, and then went off to play. Pretty soon she was on my lap eating my BBQ, my veggies, and my potato. She ate and ate and ate. I guess mommy's food must taste better.

Bathtime was a huge hit, but I think the water burned a little on her scratched hands when she first got in. After bath she played her piano, we read books, and then it was bedtime. It took her a while to finally fall asleep.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: