Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday - Happy Happy Girl

Gracie woke up bright and early at 5:00 a.m. this morning and was in the best of moods. This after a restless night which ended with her sleeping peacefully while laying her head on mommy's tummy for a couple of hours. She got some good sleep. That makes one of us.

She was a happy girl and just full of playful teasing today. She was a happy girl when I took her to daycare. I'm realizing that she transitions so much better when not greeted at daycare (or anywhere for that matter), but if she is left to enter on her own with no one paying attention to her until she goes to them. Weird but true.

When Jeff picked Gracie up from daycare, she and the other kids were playing outside and enjoying the beautiful day. Gracie was thrilled to see me when I got home and I needed to hold her for a little while as she needed her mommy fix. She didn't eat much for supper, perhaps it is because she got homemade bread today for lunch. I know I would have filled up on that if I were her and she is my bread girl. I think she takes after her Auntie Sheila. She did eat all of her applesauce and used a spoon with a little help and scooped it up and fed it to herself. She was so proud.

After supper we went outside for a walk. She was hilarious, running and hollering at the top of her lungs. She thoroughly enjoyed herself and she was so much fun to watch. Smiles were from ear to ear. On our walk we saw a butterfly lawn ornament and Gracie all on her own said "butterfly" as well as signed it. She also has the word "dirty" down pat from mommy telling her not to pick up things like mud and dog poop from the sidewalk.

Gracie got a sticker for being a very helpful girl while putting on her pajamas tonight. She even said "sticker". She was on her "A" game today.

She fell asleep very quickly tonight. I think it was all of that fresh air.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: