Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gracie - Tired Grumpy Bossy Girl

Gracie did not want to wake up this morning and I had to wake her. It took a while before I was treated to any smiles. She did eventually flash those pearly whites for mom and we had a good morning. I thought we were going to have a problem with meds again, but I'm relieved to say she only held them for a moment before she swallowed. I did find out that she does NOT like lemon poppy seed muffins. There are so few foods that she doesn't like that I was surprised she doesn't like them.

Gracie was happy when I dropped her off at daycare and she was playing outside when Jeff picked her up. We were told that she was a bit bossy and impatient today. She made it known what she wanted and when.

When I got home she was happy to see me, but nothing was quite right. She was so tired and not much made her happy. She did enjoy being held and bounced. She also had a great time in the tub. She was so fickle, at some points she wanted absolutely nothing to do with me and the next moment she wanted mommy. She definitely cooperated more for Jeff tonight.

We are back to using stickers as rewards for good behavior. I'm happy to say this has an even more positive effect than when we did it 6 months ago. She loves her stickers and is so proud when she gets a new one.

It took Gracie a while to fall asleep, she had lots of jerky movements when she fell asleep, which usually is a sign that she is overtired. She is sleeping peacefully now.

Love,
Lisa, Jeff, and Gracie

No comments: